Thursday, April 16, 2009

Health Update April 09

On Friday April 10th, I had my 3 month check up with Doctor Tanaka.

A week prior to April 10th, I went to the cancer center to get my blood work done.

When meeting with Dr. T, I found out that my health is still not great.
My blood tests were not as good as I hoped they would be.
I have a Chromograin A Test every 3 months. This test is designed to pick up on a hormone that is released by my tumors. The more of the homromoe detected in my body means that the cancer is still active.

The scale for this test is 0-50. My numbers have always been in the 20’s.
Mainly my numbers have been 27-32.
We never want to hit 50.

At my April 10th meeting with Dr. Tanaka, my most recent test was 48.

Dr. Tanaka is concerned.

He scheduled me for a full body scan

I will have a chest scan for the tumor in my lung (to see if it has spread or become larger/smaller)

I will have a abdomen scan for the tumors in my abdomen (about 5) to see if they have spread or become larger/smaller

And lastly, I will have a pelvic scan for the tumors in my pelvic region (about 3) to see they have spread or become larger/smaller

It does cause a great deal of stress, but ironically though, I feel great! I am not letting it get me down!

Too much good going on in my life to allow this to take over!!

Keep sending good thoughts!

No comments: