Thursday, April 16, 2009

WACUHO

WACU-what?!?

The first week of April I attended a conference called WACUHO. (the Western Association for College and University Housing Officers aka WAUCHO)

Since I have moved to California, I have attended this conference. It is when all of the housing officers (coordinator to directors) come together and have a week conference about how to better improve our own departments. The WACUHO purpose/mission is to emphasize the unity of the housing profession in student residence halls, apartments, theme houses and cooperatives, food service, developmental programming, administration, conference services, facilities, and related operations through WACUHO publications, conferences, and other activities.

Nevertheless, there is an overarching Executive Board that oversees this organization. Annually at the conference, the organization votes in new members to join the Exective Board.

This year, I was voted on the board.

It is an amazing honor to have the entire Western Association vote me on to the Executive Board of a regional organization.

I serve as the Member At Large North -- which means that I am the representative for all college and universities in the Northern region of WACUHO.

It is an honor to be asked to run
It is even more of an honor to be elected.

After the election, I was speechless.. yes, me -- Josh O'Connor -- speechless!!

Amazing...!

3 comments:

Leo said...

GOOD STUFF JOSHUA!

Kelsey from The Undomestic Project said...

WOW! CONGRATS JOSHY!

Joann said...

I am speaking for all of us at UC Davis by saying we are thrilled you are joining our team in Student Housing. You are a welcome addition of professionalism and humor to our group. We're looking forward to June 15th.