Thursday, April 16, 2009

Job Update

Hello everyone.
It has been a busy month. I am sorry that I have not updated my blog as quickly as I would have liked.

I have been job searching, apt hunting, and dealing with current work and doctors. I am luck to say and happy to say that things are starting to fall into place. however, with that said, life is hard! it takes a lot of work to make things "fall
into place"

Nevertheless, they have.

So now to the good news!
I have accepted a job at UC Davis!!

Now, many of you are proably wondering why I was looking.
I have been at Sac State for 4 years now.
Throughout my four year, I have been a Residence Life Coordinator at California State University Sacramento. In my position as the Residence Life Coordinator, I was responsible for the overall supervision and operations of 3 co-ed residence halls; housing over 650 residents, 18 Resident Advisors, 2 hall managers and 15 Desk Attendants. In addition to the supervision and training of staff, I am responsible for the assessment and development of programs that meet the developmental needs of students, while collaborating with multiple departments and organizations on campus. I also adjudicate student conduct for my area.

This position at Sac State was a live on position -- which means I live on campus, in the residence halls (Dorms) with the students.

On June 1, 2009, my last day at Sac State, I will be completing my 10th consecutive year of living in the residence halls. At the age of 17, I moved out of my parents house in West Hartford Connecticut and into a residence hall at Roger Williams Univesrity in Bristol RI. I have never left the halls. I am now 27 years old and after 10 years, I am finally moving into an apartment.. Im kind of scared.

It has been amazing. However, with all of my health issues and stress of living in, I needed to find a job to move out of the halls.

So I accepted a job at University of California, Davis. (www.ucdavis.edu)
It is located in Davis California, which is only 20 minutes west of Sacramento. I will be living in Sacramento and will commute to Davis. I am very excited.

I am a Conduct Coordinator at UC Davis

My new Job Description:
This position functions independently, on-site within a Residential Area comprised of approximately 1500 to 1900 residents and 30 to 45 student staff employees. The Conduct Coordinator is a member of a three or four person team which provides 24 hour on-call, emergency response and supervision for the Area as well as for the entire 4500 person residential system. Within a multicultural environment, this position provides advising to students and staff within the areas of policy enforcement, citizenship development, conflict management and crisis management and is responsible for adjudicating policy violations, determining sanctions and making referrals to other campus units. The position has delegated authority to represent Student Housing and provide consultation to the campus on matters of policy, citizenship, conduct, student development, staff training, diversity education, transition issues, alcohol and drug prevention and student behavior.


I start June 15th!

I am very excited, however, the next 2 months are going to be rough for me.
I need to find an apartment
I need to buy furniture (because I own NOTHING!!)
And I need to not stress!! 

It is all good, but I have a lot of things to do..
So bare with me if I am stressed

1 comment:

Kelsey from The Undomestic Project said...

OMG! YAY!!! GET OUT OF SAC! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear more and more! I love you!